“All I ever wanted, since I was a child, was to do something wonderful.” — Patti Smith
Two weeks ago I went to see Patti Smith perform — again. She was my first cool concert, when I was 15, and I’ve been inspired by her ever since. One of my favorite Smith quotes was when she said, “I can do that!” in regard to seeing Jim Morrison on stage.
Believing in yourself is the greatest gift you can give yourself. And you don’t have to have just one talent. You can have many. That’s why the term “renaissance” comes in handy for those of us who dabble in many areas — not only in areas that we love, but areas we are good at!
Thinking as a Renaissance woman, which in modern times means “branding yourself,” is how I helped develop Pear Tree Enterprises. And I’ve been having fun ever since! It’s the Pear Tree way.
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
- BOOK EDITING (Completed manuscripts only)
- SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- EXTRA WORK (or small acting roles in commercials and indie films)
- OVER 50 MODELING
- EVENT HELP
- CAT SITTING
- ACTING (Supporting roles or extra work) – Link to Actors Access: https://resumes.actorsaccess.com/2097959-5860927
Note: Pear Tree will only present lectures/talks with a contract to be paid “day of.”
ABSOLUTELY NO NEGOTIATIONS.
Earlier this month I interviewed rising star, Natalia Artigas who plays a young Gloria Estefan at Papermill Playhouse: https://www.tapinto.net/towns/hoboken/sections/arts-and-entertainment/articles/hoboken-s-natalia-artigas-reaching-for-the-stars
I was highly honored to be invited back as a guest on James Burns’ Anti-Bullying 101 podcast.
You can listen here: https://anchor.fm/james-burns5/episodes/Meet-Maryanne-Christiano-Mistretta-e1ho8u0
If you need further inspiration, check out my You Tube channel. There are dozens of videos to make you smile: Be YOUnique, the anti-bullying You Tube channel
“Be (Extra)Ordinary: Ten Ways to Become Your Own Hero” by Maryanne Christiano-Mistretta Be ExtraOrdinary
“I Don’t Want to Be Like You” by Maryanne Christiano-Mistretta I Don’t Want to Be Like You
“Love Cats” second edition by Krystianna Mercury is now available: Love Cats
Contact me (email@example.com) if your library, JCC, rotary club, or senior group would love to have a presentation. Topics are listed below. Or we can discuss creating a topic for additional cost.
I’m also available to help at trade shows such as Chiller and Comic Con
For all events, payment is due day of. Waiver or contract must be signed in advance.
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022 — Private Event.
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 1 p.m. — “Newsies: History of the Newspaper Industry” @ Livingston Community Center, Livingston, NJ.
- Saturday, November 5, 2022, 1 p.m. “Eat Well for the Holidays” @Hillside Public Library, Hillside, NJ. FREE, but you must call library to sign up. There will be sampling and giveaways!
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 6:30 p.m. “Eat Well for the Holidays” @Kinnelon Library, Kinnelon, NJ. FREE, but you must call library to sign up. There will be sampling and giveaways!
- Saturday, November 19, 2022, 10:30 a.m. “Newsies: History of the Newspaper Industry” @ Kip Center, Rutherford, NJ.
- Monday, November 21, 2022, 3:30 p.m. “Newsies: History of the Newspaper Industry” @Applewood Retirement Community.
- Saturday, December 3, 2022, 1 p.m. “Going Going Gone: What the Next Generation Won’t Remember” @Hillside Public Library, Hillside, NJ. FREE, but you must call library to sign up.
- Monday, December 26, 2022, 12:45 p.m. “Going Going Gone: What the Next Generation Won’t Remember” @JCC West Orange, West Orange, NJ.
- Sunday, January 29, 2023, 2 p.m. “Healthy Pasta Alternatives” @ Summit Library, Summit, NJ. FREE, but must call library to sign up. There will be sampling and prizes!! (RAIN/SNOW DATE – Sunday, February 5, 2023)
- Thursday, March 2, 2023, 1 p.m. “Going, Going, Gone: What the Next Generation Won’t Remember” @Valley Cottage Library, Valley Cottage, NY. FREE, but you must call library to sign up. (RAIN/SNOW DATE – Thursday, March 9).
During the pandemic, I became a certified feline behaviorist. I’m honored to say I’ve teamed up with Meowtel and am now available for cat sitting! https://meowtel.com/sitter/416445e522/purrfect-paws-cat-sitting
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
Maryanne Christiano-Mistretta is an award winning journalist, international author, book editor/ghost writer and speaker. Contact: MaryAnneChristiano@Gmail.com. Or call 908-276-1514 for pricing and availability.
List of Topics for Speaking Engagements
Anti-Bullying: Take Your Power Back!
“Newsies: History of the Newspaper Industry”
“Going Going Gone: What the Next Generation Won’t Remember” (land lines, typewriters, etc.)
“Law of Attraction: Focusing on Positive Thoughts”
“Meet Your Soul Mate: It’s Easier Than You Think”
Health Conscious Foodies
(Note: Those that include a dish are limited to 20 people)
“Raw Foods for Beginners” (includes raw pudding dessert)
“Healthy Pasta Alternatives” (includes dish)
“Vegan for Beginners” (includes dish)
“Eat Healthy for the Holidays” (includes dish)
“Here’s to Your Health and the Benefits of Walking”
“Be a Leader, Not a Bully” (geared to all age groups)
What makes my lectures unique is that I get the audience to participate, sharing their views and experiences. They always have a great time! (And we have giveaways!)
Call 908-276-1514 for pricing and availability.
Pear Tree Enterprises has buttons! If you are interested in supporting Pear Tree by proudly wearing a button, please send your address to MaryAnneChristiano@Gmail.com Please put “Button” as the subject head.
Copyright (c) 2022 Pear Tree Enterprises. All rights reserved.